Saturday, September 15, 2012

Things that Make You Go "Hmmm"

I think single people talk a lot about dealbreakers, so I'm gonna take a tip from my friend Aubrey and talk about deal makers.  Or maybe they're not really dealmakers because really, they're just the little things that make you go, "Hm.  Hmmm . . .  I think I like that."  For Aubrey, it could be anything from using the word "blouse" to riding a bike.  For me, it's things like this:
  • Big feet
  • Ugly feet
  • A nicely-chosen tie
  • Glasses
  • Being able to fix something that's broken
  • Cracking appropriate jokes during a church talk
  • Wearing Converse or Vans
  • Pulling off a mohawk
  • Facial hair/scruff
  • Owning a truck or a Jeep Wrangler
  • Shopping at REI
  • Recycling
  • Good penmanship
Here's something else:  I like it when a guy pays for stuff -- not just for me, but for anyone around.  My brother pays for all kinds of stuff that isn't for himself, and he just does it out of sheer kindness.  He expects absolutely nothing in return for the money he plunks down on say, securing a campsite for him and his friends.  Or paying for everyone's movie tickets.  Or buying several bags of popcorn and plenty of drinks at the movies.  Whatever it is -- if my brother has the money, he'll cover the cost for everyone, if possible.

Today I went to lunch with two girls and a guy, and the guy paid for all of us.  Sure, it wasn't an expensive meal, and no, he isn't made of money.  But he paid for all of us, anyway.  Just because.


Thing I'm thankful for: laughing

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I like a man who flosses. There. I said it.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

mmm, i love when guys pick up the tab for stuff when they're with multiple girls.

also, i get the rest of the list... but what is so endearing to you about ugly feet on a guy? i need to hear more about this!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home