Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gone to Texas!


Yeah, it's a blurry picture.  Sorry.

I just wanted to capture the evening, and actually, that was the most exciting part, probably.  That's Brooke, Rachel, and me waiting for the kick-off event of the new school semester to start.  It's called Gone to Texas, and the three of us thought it was going to be some sort of pep rally thing.  You know, marching band, cheers, rousing speeches -- that sort of thing.  Fireworks would have been appreciated as well.  Instead, it turned out to be rather . . . uneventful.  There were speeches about how to make the most of your time at UT and how to use the amazing resources here.  (As if we don't already know . . .  We applied here, for goodness' sake, AND our tuition money is paying for those amazing resources!)  But I guess the whole thing was meant for incoming undergraduates.  I am sooo above that now.  ;)

At any rate, let's hope Gone to Texas wasn't an indication of what's to come for the following year 'cause it's my last one here, and I don't want it to be boring!

Here are some things I want to do better at this semester:
  • Sleeping (I know, I know.  I'm a broken record.  But it's true.)
  • Managing my 9-5 hours better, so that I can . . .
  • Play harder.  I want to be fully present during my break times and not thinking about what I should be doing.
  • Making grad student lunches the best ever!
  • Exploring more of Austin and Texas
There's probably a bazillion other things for me to include on a goals type of list, but this'll do for now.  With that said . . .

Happy first day of school, everybody!  I hope it's a great year for all of us!  Hook 'em horns!


Thing I'm thankful for: Jamba Juice Orange Dream Machine smoothies!  Brooke was right; they are wonderful.

1 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Last year here, huh? Let's hope not! Love YOU GRAD student! Chickadee! Did you get new battery for your ride?
Love YOU BIG MUCH! Mamma Snow

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home