Saturday, September 08, 2012

This Is Just Getting Ridiculous.

Year of the Thief, indeed.

My car got broken into today.  Don't worry, though -- no windows were smashed.  Either I left my car unlocked or the thief jimmied the lock.  Whatever the case, my friend's wallet and cell phone got stolen, and I chalked it up to just another day in Texas.

I'm not telling this snippet of a story to garner sympathy; I'm telling it to show you how crazy the last year and a half has been.  I've never experienced so many changes or faced so many challenges in such a short amount of time!  I often wonder why I chose to move here and stay here.  Looking back, I have to admit that I did feel pulled to this place, but day-to-day, I wonder.  I think I have about a zillion posts about Texas and why I love it or why I hated it at first or what I'm learning to love.  And now I'm writing about how I wonder why I'm here.  I've never been so wishy-washy in my whole life!

Nevertheless, here I am, and here I'll stay.  For a while, at least.

And now, I think it's time for me to count (some of) my blessings and name then one by one:
  1. I get chance after chance after chance to correct poor decisions.
  2. I was born of goodly parents.
  3. I have five great older siblings.
  4. I have a bed to sleep in at night and an apartment to store all my stuff.
  5. I have shelves and shelves of books.
  6. The weather was great today.
  7. I own a car that works.
  8. I am attending school.
  9. I don't ever get bored.
  10. Shoe stores are starting to carry my size.
  11. I have fairly good vision.
  12. I have enough food to eat.
  13. I have plenty of clothes to wear.
  14. Work is going really great.
  15. I can attend any LDS Temple I want.

4 Comments:

Blogger tck4texas said...

I feel the same about #2.
I definately relate to #9, life is too busy to be bored.
I LOVE #15.

KEEP CALM and CARRY ON

11:17 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

I really love your post. I think it's the sign of the times. I have so many people who are going through so many trials so rapidly, including myself. I am actually afraid to blog about mine which is why I have not posted anything in almost a year. It makes me so sad to see this post for you, I will include you in my prayers. You are amazing.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gee whiz, Texas. You're a bully.

But, hey Sara! You're fighting the bully pretty darn good by doing what you do. Being thankful and doing good works for other people and stuff.

Yep, you just punched the bully in the FACE with this post.

10:46 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Oh SARA! I can't believe this happened to you again! Doesn't your car alarm work? Well, they dont deter anyone anyway!
So sorry to hear this but like your list. And Love you Forever and am glad you will always be in our family forever!
YOU look Marvelous in your black skinny jeans and your black shirt! Love YOU MOMMA
You should get your package today! Put your insurance card in car right away. Love MOM

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home