Friday, August 17, 2012

Election Quiz!

If you're anything like me, you have difficulty voting in presidential elections.  You know you should vote, but you don't know who to vote for because really, you don't support the two-party system.  You're registered as neither a Republican nor a Democrat, but you also don't wholly identify with the minor political parties.

Also if you're like me, you like online quizzes.  You like them because you can answer questions about what you believe or what you like, and in a matter of seconds, a program describes you sort of well and confirms what you already know about yourself.  It either ends with you saying, "Gosh.  I didn't need a quiz to tell me how I think/feel," or "Cool!  I am like that!  Maybe I will let the results factor into this impending decision!"

And so, if you are like me, you'll want to take this quiz:
Presidential Election Quiz


It'll tell you which political candidates you side with on various issues, and it will also tell you which parties you side with most.

My results showed that I sided with Mitt Romney (at 78%) on social, healthcare, and economic issues, and I sided with Barack Obama (at 66%) on domestic policy, science, economic, and immigration issues.  Oddly enough, though, I am apparently 76% Democrat and 67% Republican.  Interesting, no?

Even more interesting than my personal results are the collective results the website publishes.  Check it out: iSideWith.com.  Excellent user statistics, no?


Thing I'm thankful for: talented people, specifically in the Web design arena

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I sided 81% with Jill Stein, and I don't even know who that is.

And I'm 86% Democrat and 58% Republican. That kind of surprises me; I thought I'd be more balanced.

Thanks for sharing!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Rob and Schaefer Bell said...

That's crazy! To me that says, each politician somehow represents both sets of values. Sounds like politics...

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home