Thursday, August 23, 2012

Call Me Ishmael.

Well, don't call me Ishmael.  Call my son that.  My future son.  Why?  Because I like Biblical names.  A lot.  There are so many good ones!  I'll admit -- some of them are strange.  But some of them are fantastic!  Consider the following:
  • Enoch
  • Eli
  • Ezekial
  • Gideon
  • Job
  • Nicodemus
  • Reuben
  • Saul
  • Solomon
  • Zedekiah
Aren't those such wonderful names?  They sound like the names of strong, wise men.  Even popular Biblical names are great: Benjamin, Ezra, Gabriel, Jacob, John, Jonah, Joshua, Linus, Luke, Nathan, Noah, Samuel, and Thomas.  It almost makes me want to have a dozen sons!

And though women are unfortunately underrepresented in the scriptures, there are some -- and with great names to boot:
  • Abigail
  • Adah
  • Anna
  • Delilah
  • Hannah
  • Leah
  • Rebekah

Note:  This post is what happens when you experience a lull in scripture reading . . .  :/


Thing I'm thankful for: exercising!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I am happy you have Linus in there. That was one of our favorites but it never got used. We also loved Bartholomew! Nathan is our next boy name and probably Anna or Abigail. Hopefully we won't have to use them!! ;)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Agh! I forgot about those A names! I just added them!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And Zebadiah. :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yea, I was pretty happy I got to use my two favorite names (Joshua & Elizabeth) but it was close on the girl. I really love Abigail and Anna too. Since we have all scripture names we picked some of the best scriptures from their books or scriptures about them (like Math is Matt 5:16) and put them with their pictures. It has been really fun although Seth has been a challenge for a good scripture. I hope you get those dozen boys...6 sets of twins every year for the next 6 years and bam you are done!! Cakewalk... ;)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home