Wednesday, March 11, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Busy Nothings!


Busy Nothings is 10 years old! I've been writing this blog for 10 whole years! And consistently, too! I've written a little over 1,000 posts since Hello was published on Friday, March 11, 2005. There was of course, the Great Silence of 2007, irregular postings in 2008, and the busy-ness of grad school, but other than that, I think I've posted fairly regularly. I'm kind of proud of myself!

I'm also amazed at myself. I've been reading through some of my old posts, and boy, have they changed over the years! When I first started blogging, my posts were short and funny and full of pictures. Since then, I've become quite long-winded and definitely more serious. I can't even remember the last funny post I wrote . . . And pictures! I rarely post pictures anymore.

The really crazy part about going through my blog, though, is reading about all the big things that have happened in the last ten years. I bought my first car, moved to Atlanta, threw a bunch of awesome parties (right, Taylor?), worked at the CDC and Habitat for Humanity, got into a big car accident, witnessed the birth of a niece (one of the most spiritual moments of my entire life), helped Lexi get married, watched two nieces grow into little ladies, moved to Texas, helped my parents move to Texas, got a master's degree, got robbed, moved to New Mexico, quickly moved away from New Mexico, got a big-time job, bought another car, and moved to California. Phew!

Anyway, in celebration of my blog's birthday, I want to do a few fun things:
  1. Give stuff away! If you are one of the first 10 people to comment on this post, then I will mail you something fun!*
  2. Write 10 posts about my readers! Again, if you are one of the first 10 people to comment on this post, then I will write a post about you!
  3. Recap with a Top 10 list! Okay, this is probably more fun for me than it is for you, but I'm doing it anyway. And here it is, below—some of my favorite posts from each year:
Top 10 of 10
(I'm skipping 2015 'cause it's not over.)

2008: Nicknames


Thing I'm thankful for: MacDuff, who inspired me to start this blog in the first place. Love you forever, Lauren. :)


*Um, I guess just e-mail me, if you are one of the first 10? (sawasnow at the googs) Or leave your first name and last initial or something that let's me know who you are . . .  This is tricky. But I'm determined.

13 Comments:

Blogger Brigham said...

Glad you've kept the blog going. I enjoy reading what you've been thinking.

10:16 AM  
Blogger kyns said...

When you started this blog, I was just a junior in highschool going through a phase where I wore pajama pants to school to make sure everyone knew that I did not care what they thought of me. (Soooooo hardcore right?)
Also, I'm jealous of your consistent blogging.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

At the googs? Is that how people at the googs say their email address now? ;)
(For the record, I kind of love it.)

10:41 AM  
Blogger John Marriott said...

Congrats! No stuff necessay. Just reading about you and your life is stuff enough. I feel like I know the most about you and Blake because of your blogging. So much better than FB!

It may also be therapeutic. A recent article in the WP said that writing about your life helps you deal with it better and puts you on a more positive course.

Blog on!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Congratulations Sara! Ten years is impressive. I, for one, am glad you did move to Atlanta and throw all those awesome parties, otherwise how were a couple of Irish gals supposed to get to know anyone! In lieu of a gift, I'd like a good 'aul chat. I miss you Sara ni sneachta xxx

12:27 PM  
Blogger Brooke Russell said...

Congratulations on such a prolific anniversary sara! Keep up the good posts ;)

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you still doing your year or month long celebration?

-Barry

12:42 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yay! I got here fast enough! And I thoroughly enjoy your blog.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I also heart your blog. And you! And your parties in Atlanta. :) Happy birthday, Busy Nothings!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I also heart your blog. And you! And your parties in Atlanta. :) Happy birthday, Busy Nothings!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Will said...

yay stuff!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! I'm too late but I love you blog!

6:45 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Happy Birthday Chickadee Blog! I love your comments and I know you have a huge amount of insight and influence for good on Humanity. Yay! YOU! ♡♡♡♡♡ MOMMY

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home