Monday, August 06, 2007

Just Say No to Drugs. Get High on Life.

I'm taking a tip from one of my favorite married couples, Lindsey and Blake, and writing a post about my natural highs -- the things that get me excited about life. I don't know how long the list will be, and I'm sure I'll forget something, but here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. They're in no particular order.
  1. Baking really late at night.
  2. Night-driving to or from the airport.
  3. Reading.
  4. Playing with my nieces and nephew.
  5. Getting tight hugs from little kids.
  6. Making a child smile.
  7. Watching Lexi dance.
  8. Throwing parties for friends.
  9. Listening to someone tell a very personal story or belief.
  10. Studying when I don't have to.
  11. Writing analytical prose.
  12. Editing.
  13. Painting interior walls.
  14. Christmas Eve when my whole family is around.
  15. Watching a really good movie.
  16. Listening to Motown or '70's rock.
  17. Thinking about my future kids and the things I plan on doing with them.
  18. Making other people feel important and special.
  19. Good hugs from boyfriends. ;)
  20. Being able to answer a question at work or add something of value to a work-related discussion.
  21. Debating.
  22. Witnessing an act of kindness.
  23. Seeing people I love.
  24. Learning of a couple's engagement or celebrating a marriage.
  25. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
  26. Delicious food.
  27. Feeling rested.
  28. Learning about a new discovery or invention in medical technology.
  29. Good art.
  30. Watching people create things.
I'll end there. I tried to keep the list to real, true natural highs, not just things that make me happy or bring me joy. I wanted to list things that make me excited about living on this earth at this time. These are the things that make me want to do something good, to be a better someone.

What say you, readers? What gets you all fired up about life?


Thing I'm thankful for: quiet time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Jones said...

Wow. That's a FANTASTIC list. I guess I might add the genuine spontaneous laughter of close friends. ;)

5:26 AM  
Blogger Jatin Sethi said...

overcoming drug addiction quotes
fighting addiction quotes

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home