Friday, April 10, 2009

A Letter to Soap

Dear Lever,

For a long time now -- 12 years, in fact -- you've been washing all my 2000 parts. At first, you left my skin kind of dry, but I didn't mind so much because I had some extreme OCD tendencies at the time. In the fairly recent past, you began adding aloe to your formula, which was nice because the drying lessened and was perhaps even non-existent.

When you added a cucumber line, I thought that would be it. I thought you had perfected soap as we know it, and I was proud that we had such a long history together.

I have to tell you, though, Lever, for the first time in 12 years, I found something that may replace you: Olay Body Quench Body Bar. It's not drying at all, and it reminds me of my youth. Remember those little oily bath beads that dissolved in the water while you played in the tub? Olay Body Quench smells like those.

I'm sorry that I may end this long, symbiotic relationship with you, but there it is. If you could lessen the drying and bring back childhood memories, I might reconsider.


Yours very lovingly,
Sara


Thing I'm thankful for: A clean shower. Thanks, dad, for cleaning my old shower before I came home!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Blake said...

Hilarious, Sara. You're a good writer. I, on the other hand, ditched Lever a long time ago for Old Spice body wash.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I was going to do a similar post on bars of soap! I love the Lever 2000 scent circa 1999, but then they changed it slightly (and it did always dry out my skin) so I switched. I used Dove Cucumber, which smells okay, but does not dry my skin out at all. However, when I discovered Olay Body Quench, I fell in love with the scent and started using it. I find that it dries out my face too much - especially on my eyelids. Even though I like the scent, I think I'm gonna have to go back to Dove.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

I must say that your post has made me want to pay more attention to how a soap makes me feel, as opposed to how cheap it is. I can't help it, it's a bad habit I know, so I'm going to do some soap/bodywash experiments. Thanks Sara, you're such a good friend!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like that post! Very creative!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home