Friday, February 06, 2009

I Can Knit!


My old roommate Jackie started a knitting club, and Wednesday was my first day! Even though I consider myself a crafty girl, I haven't done anything crafty in a long time -- so I was kinda nervous that knitting would be too difficult for me. Plus, when I was very young, my grandma McCray tried to teach me how to crochet, and I stunk at it. Of course, it could have been because I was learning at such a young age -- I think I was only 6 or 7. At any rate, I was just a tad nervous.

Jacki's an incredible teacher of all things, though, and I haven't lost my craftiness just yet!

So now, after only a few rows, I'm afraid I have the potential to be a knitting monster! I actually don't want to go to bed right now because of it . . . Oy. All that sleep last night for nuthin'!


Thing I'm thankful for: women getting together and cleaning. It's sometimes very fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Are you still up? Saw your post at 3:12 am. WHAT ARE YOU DOING KNITTING? Yep, you need to do some crafty things again. Love MOM SNOW

4:28 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I'm glad my blog spoke to you as well as it did! I'm also glad you're knitting, but it should not be at the expense of your sleep. Sleep more!

7:07 PM  
Blogger A Frost said...

I am glad that women get together and clean also. It was a great way to spend our last hours together. (Not to mention the sherbet was awesome)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home