Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thoughts on November 29, 2012

  • I love my new sneakers.  They make me feel like a superhero.

  • Masks are pretty cool.  I tried a bunch on today (for an upcoming party), and it was awesome.  And as with many things in life, expensive equals better.  The pricier masks felt good on my face.  Also, glitter gets everywhere when you wear masks.

  • I have a knack for knowing when a man is married just by watching him for a few seconds.  I also have a knack for knowing when a single guy is ready for marriage.  I call this ability “mandar.”

  • I'm tired of clothes that don't cover women's bodies.  Just when sleeves started coming into style again, hemlines got shorter.  What is it with showing so much skin?  The whole "less is more" idea does not apply to women's clothing.  A woman in tailored clothing that accentuates all the right curves without exposing too much skin is much more attractive than a woman who bares lots of cleavage and upper thigh.  I daresay men would agree.

  • I make pretty darn good sugar cookies.  When I open a bakery, people will think three dollars is too much to pay for a pretty sugar cookie.  What they won't know is that three dollars for those cookies is a steal.  An absolute steal.

  • For some reason, the holidays are more fun this year.  I love visiting with friends and chit-chatting the night away.

  • My A&W shirt reads, "Whatever FLOATS your boat."  I chuckle every time I wear it.

  • Balsamic vinegar from Whole Foods is delicious.  I'm buying some tomorrow, if I have time.

  • Lifting weights feels good.  I hadn't done it in a while, and it was wonderful.  I love lifting weights.


Thing I'm thankful for: my mom

7 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia said...

Are you not a superhero? And sugar cookies are harder than one would think. I can never get my soft enough, yet hard enough to decorate. Here's a recipe that I love with balsamic vinegar: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/penne-with-roasted-asparagus-and-balsamic-butter

3:19 AM  
Anonymous varsityviolin@yahoo.com said...

Popped in to read and say hi!!
LOVE a good sugar cookie!! Used to get some every year on my birthday, no longer...
But still love them, just thinking about them is yummy!!
SOOOO happy you are happy and enjoy your holiday celebrations to the max!!
Merry Christmas 2 u!!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous varsityviolin@yahoo.com said...

It's Jacki's mom, J'net by the way, varsityviolin...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hi, Jeanette! :)

Cecilia! Thanks for the recipe! And if by superhero, you mean "person who can get by on not a lot of sleep," then yes -- yes, I am a superhero. :/

9:30 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I think the "mandar" thing is amusing. I sometimes can do the same for women. I check for rings to see if I'm right.

As for the less is more, I totally agree. Lots of women show off their bodies in ways that don't flatter them. And even when it is flattering, it's not always tasteful - and therefore not always attractive.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Petey, I check for rings, too! But only AFTER I have made a guess.

10:41 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Thanks sweetie! I can't believe we were on the same wavelength about holiday dressing yesterday.
I bought the last size for you in that Pink Ruffled taffeta blouse. If I have to take it in, I can. I also bought the Navy sweater dress. They didn't have the teal or fuschia in your size.
I also bought some black stretch satin, to make a skirt for the blouse for Saturday if you need it.
If you don't like something we can return it. These are not Christmas presents BTW, just Holiday stuff! Love YOU MOMMA

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home