Monday, December 06, 2010

A Holiday Testimony

In the midst of my discomfort and anxiety about moving, I read something a few days ago that brought peace to my soul. It was a testimony, borne by a modern-day prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, in 2004:

I am so profoundly grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for a testimony of the Atonement of the Savior. I believe in it with all my heart, and I live for it, and I bear witness of it this day. Of all of the events of human history, none other approaches the Atonement of the Savior in its meaning and in its results. God be thanked for the gift of His precious Son, to whom we all owe thanks for His sacrifice in our behalf. ("Inspirational Thoughts," Liahona)

I wanted to post it here on my blog and publicly echo President Hinckley's words. I, too, am profoundly grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for my testimony, which buoys me up when I feel like I'm about to drown. I was born to a life full of opportunities and good things, but it is for Christ's example and His atonement that I am most grateful.

I'm especially glad to celebrate His birth and life this year . . . Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

fabulous as always. i love that you post about the stuff that matters the most. the opposite of my blog. that is why i have to come to sawasnow for this stuff. so keep it up!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I love it.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home