Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 2

In Happy Birthday to Me, I told you how my 29th birthday began. Here's how it ended:
  • I was able to sleep in.
  • I had a salad for lunch.
  • I met up with my friend Michele at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.* We only had enough time to walk through the European Paintings section, but I think it was worth it. I re-discovered my love for Rembrandt and other painters from the Dutch Golden Age. I also learned that I like works by Guardi and Tiepolo.
  • I found a NYC coffee shop all by myself. Sure, I was given the coordinates, but it still felt good to find the place.
  • I bought seven cookie cutters for 56 cents each!
  • Adam and Lexi treated me to dinner at Lure Fishbar. I tried sushi rolls for the second time in a week! (I still wasn't a fan, but I tried to like them, anyway.)
  • Adam made me a delicious chocolate cream pie.
  • Lexi and Adam gave me BakeWise: The Hows and Whys of Successful Baking.
To top off the day, lots and lots of friends and family wished me happy birthday via phone call, text message, blog comment, and Facebook. It was so nice to be remembered. If for no other reason, birthdays are good for being reminded that I know extremely wonderful and thoughtful people.

*I will post pictures of my trip when I get back to Atlanta.


Thing I'm thankful for: Lexi and Adam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home