Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Feeling Good

I woke up on my back this morning, so I knew it would be a good day.

Five hours later, I'm sitting in an auto shop, waiting for my car's brake pads to be replaced. But I don't mind at all. Sure, I don't like spending money on my car, but I'm feeling pretty good. I was able to mostly diagnose the problem when I drove to work this morning, and to confirm the problem, I drove to my friend Mike's house. Because I work full-time, it's novel to see friends during daylight hours, and it's especially nice to see Mike because I don't see him often. It's bright and sunny outside, and the temperature in Atlanta is a balmy 72 degrees. Tonight, my friend is hosting a pumpkin-carving party, and cleaning out pumpkin guts is one of my favorite Halloween activities.

What I'm wondering as I sit here in the waiting room at the auto shop is, why does waking up on my back always make my days better? I never, ever fall asleep on my back; in fact, I don't find it to be the most comfortable sleeping position. But every time I wake up on my back (and it's rare), I feel so refreshed. Apparently, feeling refreshed goes a long way toward attitude and outlook on life . . . :)


Thing I'm thankful for: wireless Internet access!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

hmmm i thought i commented on this but apparently not...

i am so happy you had a happy wake up on your back day. i am super impressed that you continued to have a good day even when it included waiting in an auto shop. for some reason that's always a deal breaker for me.

i woke up on my side this afternoon and OUCH! it's never a good thing when i wake up on my side. not that it completely affects my day but it does make me feel like i'm 85 years old. and in need of a hip replacement. at 11:45 pm, it STILL hurts.

anyways, i'm sure you totally cared to know all of that. you're welcome.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I woke up curled in a tiny, little ball this morning. I have been feeling the effects in my neck all day long.

I envy your back-waking-up positivity.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home