Monday, November 22, 2010

A New Tradition


Yesterday, I finally opened the puzzle of Neuschwanstein Castle that I've been holding onto for at least six months. After last winter's puzzle, I just couldn't find another good one that I wanted to put together (I am very picky about my puzzles), and then when I did find one, it was summertime, and I wanted to be outside.

Something about wintertime, though, makes me want to whip up some hot chocolate, cozy up in the living room, and solve a jigsaw puzzle. I do some of my best thinking while putting puzzles together. Sometimes, I don't even think at all. I enjoy the solitude of working on a puzzle alone or the camaraderie of solving a puzzle with other people. My favorite puzzle companion is my roommate, Carrie. I like to draw her into late-night puzzle-solving. It's one of the only ways I can get her to stay awake with me. Plus, she's really good at the extremely difficult puzzle sections.

At any rate, puzzles make me happy, and I think it's my new tradition. Every year around Thanksgiving, I will start a new puzzle.

Do you have any new traditions that you're starting this year? What are they?


Thing I'm thankful for: catching up with old friends

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I LOVE a puzzle. That should be a Thanksgiving tradition for me.

And I now will be fixing myself some hot chocolate.

Wow. I'm highly suggestible. That's a word, right?

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home