Thursday, October 21, 2010

"That's so Sara Snow!"


Last night, I went to the 3rd Annual Pumpkin-Carving Party, hosted by Lina (and an invisible Nikki, who is on her mission in Australia right now).

I carve the same face into my pumpkin every year. It may be boring, but it's my favorite kind of jack-o'-lantern. When everyone else saw it, they said, "That's so Sara Snow!" I don't quite know what it means, except I think I heard someone say it was classy. Does that mean I'm classy? I never really thought of myself as classy, I guess, but I'll take it. :)

Here's a close-up:


You know what I would've loved, though? I would've loved it if someone had said, "Wow, her pumpkin is so clean!" I really do pride myself on a clean pumpkin. Pulling out pumpkin guts is one of my favorite things to do, and I spend more time than most getting the inside nice and tidy. Look, here's a picture for your viewing pleasure:


Isn't it great?

Okay, but onto a more serious matter . . .
What should I be for Halloween? I need help!

I thought about Heidi Klum because I do a pretty mean Heidi Klum impersonation, but then I'd have to wear a really, really short skirt, and that's not really me . . . I thought about being Pepper Potts, but I was Emma last year, a character also played by Gwyneth Paltrow.

Do you readers have any ideas?


Thing I'm thankful for: Children's Hospital Boston and the surgeons who work there.

6 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

You could be Heidi with tights on to cover your beautiful legs and still be somewhat modest! Good blog on your clean pumpkin. You got that from Mr. Obsessive, Dad. lol Love YOU MOM

12:24 PM  
Blogger shoppingcarttree said...

Hi Sara I love your pumpkin ... It is a classic, you honor tradition, and simple beauty.
have a fabulous birthday and fun in NYC with your twin sister Lexia.
Love to you both.
Uncle Anthony

5:54 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ha. "That's so Sara Snow!" = Exactly what I thought when I got home and saw the pumpkin on the doorstep. Strong work, Sara.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

uhh that's a trip looking at the previous carrie comment. especially because i clicked on it and we're both female, both scorpios, and both from atlanta georgia. weird. but my blog is not titled small small catch monkey.

ANYWAYS, you can 100% tell you do that pumpkin every year because it is the epitome of perfection. so perfectly crafted. and when i'm reading your blog it's amazing how it's like you're in my head. there i was wishing i could see the inside of your pumpkin... and then you showed it to me! among other things...

12:50 AM  
Blogger Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

perfectly executed pumpkin my friend! I say go for the Heidi gig...I mean isn't Halloween about being someone or something that isn't necessarily you? I agree with commentor #1...don some tights and go for it!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

So...what did you end up being for Halloween?

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home