Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Don't Buy Shoes, I Buy Ringtones

It's true: I don't usually spend money on ridiculous pairs of shoes like most girls because I have big feet. It's hard to have a shoe fetish, when you have Sasquatch feet.

So I have to spend my money on other frivolous things.

Sometimes those things are cell phone ringtones. I almost always hate the built-in ringtones that cell phones come with. I get embarrassed for people when their phones ring and a cheesy synthesized musical phrase bounces off the surrounding air particles. Yes, I know that at $2.99, ringtones really are a waste of money. Yes, I know cell phone companies make the built-in ringtones sound dumb on purpose. Yes, I know that most people probably just don't care.

I happen to. I'm the kind of person who would like to change my ringtone for every holiday, but I hold back because I realize that would be taking it too far. I do like to have something kinda catchy to rock out to when someone calls, though. However, I don't want anything completely obnoxious or annoying. So late last night, when my brain was fighting sleep, I bought two new ringtones:
The sad thing is that it's already lunchtime today, and nobody has called me yet . . . So if I want to hear my music, I'll have to check my phone's sound setting, and listen to it manually. :)

What say you, readers? What do you think of ringtones? Do you buy them? Why or why not?


Thing I'm thankful for: living the good life. I have everything I need, to the point of wasting money on ringtones. I'm very aware of that blessing . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

My ringtone is the one that came on my phone but I like it because it scares the crap out of me every time I hear it. Apparently that works for me. I used to have "I love it when you call me Big Papa" as my ringtone for Lisa but that phone has since bitten it.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't buy them because the technically inclined can put them on the phone for free.

And no I don't mean steal the song, I just mean unlock the java feature on your phone that your carrier disabled so you can load your own songs and other stuff.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Em T said...

I also hate the ringtones they give. I can't stand the thought of my phone making that awful noise, but I'd also rather have a chocolate shake from mcdonald's at that price... so I do. :D
I leave my phone on the standard ringing noise. It works for landlines, right? OK, it's totally lame, I know.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I tried changing ringtones once. Then I kept missing calls because I didn't realize that it was my phone ringing. I changed it back.

9:34 PM  
Blogger individually wrapped slices said...

I have Nellie McKay's Pounce as my ringtone. Its REALLY annoying I love it! I also had a bjork ringtone I made. But it was hard to hear.

LOVE your Edward Scissorhands!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

I totally buy them, and I even get them custom for a person. Like Ryan's ring tone is Better Together by Jack Johnson, my normal rington is Coldplay's Panic, I used to have Shake your Money Maker for Ashley (williams) Terry... I am a fan.

7:44 PM  
Blogger jet said...

Sigh, I need your ringtones! I used to buy some, but my phone is always on vibrate or silent, so I've given up the practice - although, I've always coveted the quacking duck.

How do you feel about the animal ringtones?

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phonezoo.com - free ringtones!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home