Saturday, April 18, 2009

Photo Booths

Taryn from South Africa is leaving Atlanta soon. So Jamie and Taylor threw a party for her. At the party was a photo booth, which I think was the hit of the party. (I've always wanted a photo booth at one of my parties, but I found out last night that they cost $800 to rent! Ouch!)

Anyway, I discovered something about myself last night that I think left me feeling a little down. That is, I don't have a really exciting photo booth personality. I don't really know what to do with myself besides sit there and look at the camera. I try to be fun, but it just isn't really in me to do out-of-the-ordinary, crazy-fun things. (You probably can't tell from the pictures, but I was actually very uncomfortable in there.) I guess when it came down to it, I left the party feeling like I was in middle school or early high school again. In those days, I was shy and very normal. There's nothing wrong with that, I guess . . . I just definitely feel the difference sometimes when I'm around exciting people with exciting stories and adventures. I'm okay with being plain, I guess, but I also feel bad about it sometimes.

This is turning into a depressing blog post, which I didn't mean for it to . . . I did have fun last night, and I do feel like I'm an interesting person. But I don't think I'm outwardly interesting, if that makes sense . . . And I discovered that that doesn't make for super-fun photo booth pictures. Thank goodness I have exciting friends who made the pictures more interesting. :)


Thing I'm thankful for: other shy and quiet people.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay Sara, some of us have to be the plain ones in the picture, always looking at the camera and smiling; otherwise where's the photo opposition?? Remember there must be opposition in all things, and that includes photo shots! So pick yourself right up, you're helping to keep the balance in this world and there's nothing wrong with that!

9:38 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Your'e Funny SA! You look fine and were doing just what everyone else was doing. It IS ok though, to stand out! Everyone was acting like they WERE in middle school. Fun post. Some day I will show you my photo boothe photos! hahahah MOM

2:28 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Sara, Plain, and Tall...
You're so dumb. You look very fancy and short in those photos - what are you talking about?

So who at this party paid $800 to rent a photo booth?

Maybe you could set up a make-shift photo booth at your next party with your computer (or borrow someone's Mac). You could drape fabric and set up some lights. Just a great idea of mine, that's all. :o)

I love your face - no matter how plain you think it is. Hello, do you remember how many photographs of you I have. You're like a gorgeous classic renaissance beauty...

Ha! Ha!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That is, I don't have a really exciting photo booth personality."

yeah turbo's totally outshining you. i still don't get that.......like, how you are or were or whatever together........

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the fact that you are so boring. it helps everyone else around you to really shine and stand out. <3 & ;) love ya

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem nice, but seriously, why would you post something like this, if it wasn't asking for attention, and a passive agressive attempt request for flattery?

7:15 AM  
Blogger Lyndel said...

you won't have to pay $800 for a photobooth... i know a DJ who can bring one for a really reasonable deal of $0, but i'll have to ask sweetly.

and. i think you have great personality, even in the booth. It's just hard to get an awesomely fun and big personality like yours inside that tiny booth. remember that.

:)

1:47 PM  
Blogger individually wrapped slices said...

Whenever I got to large parties, there's always that twinge of feeling that the other middle schoolers dont want to talk to me.

And I think you're awesome, Sara. As an outside observer and not knowing you too well, I always imagine you to be a Dawson's Creek soft-spoken intellectual.

Did I just refer to a show on the WB as having "intellectuals"? Hmm, I did.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, you look very outgoing and lively in these photos.

Second, there is nothing plain about that smile. Very beautiful and inviting.

4:28 PM  
Blogger jet said...

I concur with the above comments. I mean really, your expressions are photobooth worthy! Have you actually seen those pictures? :) <3

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home