Monday, September 11, 2006

Fall Is Just Around the Corner

I went to a Braves game tonight with my CDC division co-workers. I sort of felt as out-of-place at the ballgame as I do at the office. But it was still fun. The Braves played the Chicago Cubs, and they lost, 8-3.

But that's not really what I want to talk about. What I really want to talk about is the atmosphere up there in the 404th section, 13th row. There was a cool breeze that made me glad I hadn't worn shorts, that resulted in my friend's 9-year-old daughter putting on her light jacket, and caused the tiny hairs on my arm to slightly move. What?!? Could fall be approaching? Next thing I know, leaves will be changing color and falling to the ground!

And I absolutely cannot wait. The older I get, the more excited I get for fall. My natural outfit of choice is jeans and a sweater, hiking shoes and wool socks. I was made for cool weather.

And if the fall and winter seasons here in Georgia are anything like they were last year, I'll be extremely angry at "Mother Nature." I better be able to wear my heavy winter coat at least 30 times! It better snow, darn it! (Okay, now I'm probably pushing it.)

Thing I'm thankful for: hot dogs and cotton candy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexia said...

You better watch out for the wrath of "Mother Nature" we'll call him. :o)

Fall is my favorite season too (October being my favorite month).

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited for fall too. I'm ready to pull out my sweaters and pants. What it really boils down to is that I'm sick of shaving my legs. Winter means less shaving.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home