Monday, August 07, 2006

Genius Detective in Action!

Speaking of my sweet detection skillz, I should mention a situation that occurred Wednesday at approximately 11:30 p.m. I was eating an incredible meal of French toast and le sausage at IHOP. My crime-fighting partner (a.k.a., the person who went with me to IHOP) noticed the pair of men first. They were sitting two booths away. One man was hispanic -- I'll call him Man #1. The other man was, well, I forgot his ethnicity, but I'll call him Man #2.

Apparently the two men were having a very inappropriate conversation. I overheard Man #2 say something like, "That's guilt. Just ignore that feeling." They continued talking not-so-quietly about feelings of guilt and what to do when they did whatever they were going to do. At one point, I looked over at Man #1, who saw me look at him and whispered to Man #2 to "keep his voice down."

Huh? What was going on over there? Should my friend and I have called the cops? I dunno. He overheard more than I did, and I forgot to ask him what he heard.

Nonetheless, it was an interesting situation. And in light of my recent truth, I thought I should share it. Have any of you ever overheard or seen any suspicious behavior? What did you do? What do you think I should have done?

Thing I'm thankful for: my bubble-gum pink skirt from J. Crew. I think it's probably my 2nd best clothing buy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hmm, I bet they were talking about murder and/or attempted burglary.

No, they were probably just talking about how they treated a girl. That's my guess, anyway. Not to take the fun out of it.

Someone once told me that guilt goes away after enough times of doing the action you feel guilty doing. (Does that makes sense?) I think that's probably true. Does that include murder and heroin? Yikes.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Lauren, I think that's very much true. It's extinguishing what we call "the light of Christ," or what everybody else calls conscience. If you ignore it enough, it will go away! That's really scary, isn't it?

I hope they weren't up to anything awful, but I've sat next to drug deals being pulled off right beside me on the train. I was way too frightened to do anything then. I got off at the next stop and found a train person, though. That was frightening. Shifty people exude some kind of shifty energy that makes you very uneasy... if you're trying to be good, anyway.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home