Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Truth: I Was a Bed-Wetter

I sometimes wonder why I wet the bed a lot as a child. I think it's because I was premature and didn't get much of my mother's milk. See?

In a group of New Jersey children, breast-feeding for more than three months appeared to be linked with a lower rate of bed-wetting after the age of five years.

This comes from yesterday's Wall Street Journal, in an article written by Elena Cherney -- Breast Milk May Lead to Lower Rate of Bed-Wetting.

Authors of the bed-wetting study acknowledge that their research doesn't prove that breast-feeding causes children to be dry at night sooner, but says it provides evidence of a link that should be studied further.

Thing I'm thankful for: good ol' fashioned logic debates.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacki said...

I love breast feeding... granted I have never done it, but when I can... I am going to breastfeed until my babies can tell me they don't want anymore breastmilk.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I wouldn't consider you a "bed-wetter." You didn't consistently wet the bed (and I should know because we shared a bed). Trust me, my memories of being peed on by you are only a handful.

3:51 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Oh what a funny comment Lexia! You too make me laugh my guts out! MOM

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home