Monday, July 03, 2006

All the Juicy Details

In true Sawa fashion, I left out the details in my last post. So I will tell you what I do and where I moved to.

I am a junior web developer at the Centers for Disease Control (My official title is "Web Designer," but I think that term is a little misleading.). It's important for me to mention that I DO NOT work for the CDC -- I work for an outsourcing company at the CDC. It's a very distinct difference, and the government is very strict about CDC contractors telling people the wrong thing. In fact, I should probably put a disclaimer on every post from now on, but this one post will have to do. (I should also note that the CDC Style Manual instructs editors to leave the article off of CDC -- as in, "I work at CDC." Weird, huh?)

So since I work in Atlanta, I decided it would be best to move to Atlanta, which is good for several reasons -- one of which is that I want to get married ASAP, and there's probably no place better to be single than in the city.

Note: I do not work at the Center for Infectious Diseases, so sadly, I won't be on the cutting edge of all the "important" CDC news. I work at the Center for Chronic Disease, which may be less sensational, but of equal importance, I think.

Thing I'm thankful for: national holidays.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Do you work with Brian? That's where he works, isn't it?

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you liking your new job Sara? That's the juicy detail I've been waiting for! :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

i cannot believe you waited until 2 months after i leave atlanta (5 years i lived there!!!) to move there. we could've had so much fun...

where exactly are you living?

-Kelly

4:15 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yvonne: Sara and I work in different areas, but she's with really fun people. More fun than me anyway. :p

Sawa: Congrats on the job, I still think you're a great match for it. Keep having fun with Stacey and Jeannie and everybody.

And keep everybody in line when I'm gone. ;)

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home