Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

My day started at about 5:30 a.m. I woke up with Brooks and Jacki and Ezra and Crystal to run the Peachtree Road Race. Well, I didn't actually run it; I walked. Still, I did it -- 6.2 miles! I'm okay, except my feet hurt. (I really need to get some running shoes that I use exclusively for running . . .) It was especially fun for me because, although Jacki, Ezra, and Crystal ran ahead, Brooks stayed behind and walked with me, and who could complain about walking alongside her very good older brother for 6.2 miles? That was my favorite part of the race. My second favorite part was the people on the sidelines -- especially the wrinkled old ladies -- cheering the runners and walkers on. How nice!

Anyway, it was pretty neat, and I got a slight tan on my face. And I was invited to Ezra's parents' house for a breakfast lunch, which was delicious (French toast with orange sauce -- YUM).

But my day didn't stop there. I went to a BBQ party, stood in the rain to wait for the Lenox Mall fireworks, went back to the party, and had fun, lighthearted conversation in between! I'm only sorry I don't have any pictures! (I really need to buy a digital camera, now that I moved and can't use my mommy's anymore.)

Hm, I'm realizing that this post might be kind of boring for pretty much anyone besides me . . .

Thing I'm thankful for: the invention of fireworks. They're BE-A-Utiful! (In case you haven't ever seen them in your life . . .)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, Sara I'm relieved you finally posted about your new job. For a while now I've been thinking you made up the whole thing to get away from us here in Carrollton!

Glad to hear everything's going well - and congrats on finishing the Peachtree!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I started walking at my own pace, and then about 15 minutes down the road I missed everyone so I stopped and I couldn't find you guys. I did miss walking with you guys... I too love walking alongside your very good older brother!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for a fun 4th!! I'm glad you came and hung out with us and watched the pretty fireworks and all!! How very exciting!! I enjoy every quality Sara moment I can get ;)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home