Saturday, July 01, 2006

Oh, Blogging World! How I've Missed You!

For about a month now, I have been postponing any blogging until I get all of my New York pictures uploaded. But there are about 400 pictures to go through, and I haven't even fixed all of them in Photoshop yet! So I decided I would just post those pictures when I can, even if they're out of chronological order -- and you gotta know how much that irritates me.

But what irritates me more is that I've been neglecting this here blog, and I haven't documented one of the most important changes in my life: a new job and a move. About two months ago, someone called my posts cryptic. Well, they were because I had interviewed for a job, but didn't know exactly where it was going. I got it, stressed about whether or not to take it, took it, had to find an apartment in about a week, and had to move in.

So. That's why I haven't had time to upload all of those pictures. And now I have more, too, because I know you'll all want to see my new place!

I call this my Year of Change. The first theme song is "Changes" by David Bowie and "Under Pressure" by Queen. Here's what I've done since last July 31st:
  • Graduated from college
  • Was unemployed for four months
  • Went through a vigorous job search
  • Found a job
  • Started becoming really active in the YSA scene
  • Asked a boy out (maybe not a big deal, but it was for me!)
  • Dated a guy (sort of) and got dumped (sort of)
  • Bought my first car
  • Found another job
  • Moved into my first apartment
Those are a lot of huge life changes, I would say. Will all of you forgive me for not blogging or talking to you?

Thing I'm thankful for: my wonderful, incredible family.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Congratulations. You are becoming an adult. Roomie!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

It takes pressure to get the impurities out of gold.

:o)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Sara... It gives me anxiety just reading about your "Year of Change"...

1:05 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

"I've missed you."

"And I you."

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog a week or so ago; I'm glad I missed the drought.

You certainly have accomplished a lot in your year! And those two songs are great; I listened to them all through High School.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yeah for Sara being back. I missed your posts, and talking to you, and your comments on mine,....

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home