Monday, June 05, 2006

A Night at the Opera

A better title for this post would probably be "An Evening in Traffic." Because mommy and I spent about 2 hours in traffic trying to get to the Atlanta Civic Center -- a drive that would normally take about 50 minutes. Darn that road work on I-20!

Well, I bought mommy tickets to the opera Tosca for her birthday. It's one of the most famous operas, and it's Italian. Can you guess who the composer is? One of my favorites and one of the greats: Puccini.

Anyway, the opera started at 8:00, and at 7:50, mommy and I weren't even close to the Civic Center.

See? We hadn't even gotten past the exits to I-285!


So we decided to be silly and take pictures, of course. This is me:


This is my best friend, mommy:


This is how fast I was driving:


At the tail end of the traffic jam (or I guess it would be the beginning), we finally saw what all the fuss was about.



You're not allowed to take pictures during the performance, so sadly, I have none. I even forgot to take pictures of the set and the elegant Civic Center chandeliers!

But mom and I took pictures of each other at Fellini's, which is where we went to eat afterwards.

My pretty best friend, mommy:


Me. I look like a 12-year-old, of course -- those darn fly-aways . . .


Thing I'm thankful for: quality time with my mom. I'm really gonna miss her when she's dead. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Bilaeva said...

I am grateful for the flyaways. It's the flyaways that thankfully keep us looking like 12-year-olds instead of total-control-librarians. I wouldn't mind being a groovy librarian though, the one who knows all the books and sends the little kiddies away with volumes lovingly tucked under their arms and their imaginations all fired up. I hope you didn't miss too much of the opera. That was a great idea for a birthday present.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, you look really good in glasses!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad you could have some camera fun while sitting in traffic?! I hate ATL traffic. ;( Sad! Those are cute pics, though!! You and your mom are precious!!

And I like you in glasses too!

6:56 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Thanks Sara! The opera was Fantastic and we didn't miss much thanks to the seating people who let late comers in after only 10 or 15 minutes. Then, of course, we moved up to our regular seating at the intermission. GREAT BIRTHDAY with Baby Sara! I love you too Sara, Beautiful Sara! MOM

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things I am thankful for: Green Olives and YOU! Sara, we just love you!!

Love,Crystal and Ezra

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss you, sara. post more so i can keep up on your life (since this blog is my only sara connection).

-kelly

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home