Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Single on the Web

Okay, ohhhhh-kay. So my mom was bugging me about joining an LDS singles site. One night I finally decided I should at least check some out. Besides, if I'm planning on moving to Salt Lake City in a while, I might as well see what the singles my age look like, right?

Right. So I joined a couple of sites. I will not, however, pay for the full membership. I don't think. But my mom keeps pushing that, too. It's funny, though; it's seems like most free members on the site are thinking the same thing as me -- "Yeah, I guess I should join for the full benefits, but . . . that's just taking it too far . . ."

But what do you do when no one's asking each other on dates? I was just talking to a church friend about that today. She is really beautiful and fun, and she says no one at church asks her out either. So what do single girls do? Ask a guy out, right? Yeah, um, I tried that, and it didn't work out so well. I'm not bitter, but I learned that some guys are really picky about girls asking them out. How do I know which kind of guys are the ones who don't mind being asked out?

Maybe I'm just not an interesting/beautiful/fun enough person for most guys! It is for this reason that I like online dating sites. There is bound to be someone in the world who is attracted to any one particular person, so on a site of say, 5 thousand people, someone is bound to send you a "flirt" message. That's happened to me a few times. Only a few times, yes, but the few times were worth it. It just brightens my day a little bit and puts a smile on my face. "Somebody out there finds me or something I've written attractive! Yes! There's hope for me yet!"

So I say to all single people of the world: get online! Try a singles site for at least a few weeks and get the little bit of encouragement it takes to get a date in real life or hold you over long enough to not feel sorry for yourself. I'm trying it anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thing I'm thankful for: my mom caring about my future happiness. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home