Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bored With Your Usual Web Sites?

If you're like me, and your extreme TV-watching in the 80's has turned into extreme web-surfing in the 21st century, you probably spend so much time on the internet that you're starting to get bored.

Well, I've discovered that with blogging, online boredom is pretty much out of the question. Now, I know I could just randomly search blogs, but what's the fun in that? I need some order and direction before I just dive into the approximately 20 million blogs. (Wow! That's a lotta blogs!) So today I was talking to my brother, who runs 2 blogs, and he told me about Technorati, one of the up-and-coming blog indexes on the net. There are several similar websites, but I just decided to check that one out. It's pretty cool -- now there's method to blog-surfing madness. I can type in a keyword, and get a list of blogs that relate to that topic. It's quite amazing, really.

I mean, blogs?!? Who EVER thought the internet would be so completely huge? Huge enough to allow absolutely anyone to post pretty much whatever they want -- which, incidentally, is sometimes disgusting. I found an article addressing the increasing popularity of blogs; you can read it here. You should really consider reading the article. Especially if you still don't really know what a blog is.

The craziest thing about blogs, though, is that people are making money just by writing them. Blake told me to look at the most popular blogs Technorati lists. He explained that the top 100 bloggers are surely making thousands. One of them makes about $40-50,000 a year. $40-50,000! I decided I need to get in on this. I've done good by starting a blog. Now I just need to make it super-popular . . . It's a stay-at-home mom's dream! :)

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this fanastic bit of information with you. And I guess some of us really don't need more reasons to spend more time on the internet. But I figure, if I'm going to spend time online anyway, I should at least go about it in a more organized fashion.

Thing I'm thankful for: Green salads. I love some fiber!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

While we're on the subject, have you heard that new Madonna song Sara? While that lady is whack, she can still cut a dance track with the best of them. (Hung Up is the name)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Ezra said...

I'm loving this bloggin' thing. Sara when you start making the big bucks with your blog, let me know how you're doing it. I will then quit my current job and blog all day....oh wait....I already do that.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Check this out. It's kind of mean, but I like it.

www.webpagesthatsuck.com

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home