Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Niagara Falls, NY

We decided that since we were already in upstate NY, we might as well go to Niagara Falls. I don't think Lauren liked it that much because it's just "one of those tourist-y places where we have to pay to see God's creation" -- or something like that. Maybe so. But I liked it. I know I've never seen a waterfall as big, so it was pretty cool. It's always nice to be so near to water. Hmmm. What is it about water that is so pleasant? I mean, I love the mountains more than the beach, but a big reason I love the mountains is because of the snow. Hm.

Anyway, here's Lexi, Lauren, and mom:


I love this picture of the falls -- if I do say so myself. It looks like it could be in a calendar. :)


I really like taking pictures of people taking pictures. This is similar to the Lexi/Lauren picture in the Sacred Grove post.


When we were on the observation deck, I realized I don't have many pictures of just Lauren and me. So here we are! Friends Forever!!! :)


This wall was in the walkway with the elevators. When I first walked by it with Lauren, I said, "I LOVE this wall. I bet Lexi will REALLY love this wall." Sure enough, Lexi said later, "That's a great wall! Let's get a picture of us in front of it." So we did. I think everyone looks good when standing next to teal. Or a warm pink. Yeah, that's it. Teal and pink.


You can pay an extra dollar to walk to the bottom of the falls. The view is pretty nice from down there. And it makes for some good pictures, too.



The stop in Niagara Falls was our last major one. After that, it was back to the city. Incidentally, Lauren and I were recently talking about how New York City is called THE city, as if it's the only one. Well, it is a good one, but there are other good ones, too. So, there! Take that, NYC! :)

Thing I'm thankful for: Our fun trip to upstate NY. We had some crazy times, but we had more good times. Thanks, mom, Lexi, and Lauren!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home