Saturday, October 08, 2005

In Her Shoes


I went to see this new movie with Lauren. Though Lauren only thought it was okay (She has no heart, people! No heart!), I thought it was pretty good -- minus this really cheesy love scene, which I think most women would like, but I definitely didn't. ANYWAY, I think it's filmed well. There's strong character development and some tear-jerking scenes (if that's something that appeals to you). It's an adapatation of a book, so I have a feeling we're missing quite a bit from the story -- like how the title ties in with the story or how the subplots factor in. What I took from the movie, though, was that family is what counts. If something's wrong with those relationships, something's just not right in your life. That's how I feel about my own family, though, so maybe that's part of it. And who doesn't already know that? Why do we need to see another movie about it? Because I think this particular movie does a good job of showing it, without being too sappy.

As far as the acting goes, I thought the two main actresses did great. I mean, who doesn't like Toni Collette, anyway? I was a little wary of Cameron Diaz, but I think she's was just as perfectly cast. I read on an MSN review that this is her best role yet -- that it showcases her dramatic talents well and that she was perfect for the role. I initially thought, "Of course she's perfect for the role because she plays the sexy tease, as usual." But after seeing the movie, I decided that I probably -- no, definitely -- underrated her.

Oh, one more thing -- I liked that it DIDN'T take place in New York City, for a change. I really, really like NY, but I'm tired of it being the center of the world.

So that's it. Go see it.

Thing I'm thankful for today: My family. (For some reason, I'm especially thankful for them today. Maybe it's because I've been home alone for the past few days.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Web 2.0 day three: Silly business ideas
Admission to the Web 2.0 Conference costs $2,800. That's a big chunk of change, but the place is sold out, and the small conference rooms and the one large presentation hall are beyond full most of the time.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hey. I have a heart. I'm just not going to waste my emotions on a MOVIE. Especially one with Cameron Diaz in it. (Although, yeah, she was okay in it.) :)

12:42 PM  
Anonymous CathySnow the MOM said...

Love Jacki's hair cut!!! Cutie!!!MOM

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home