Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NYC Thanksgiving


NYC Thanksgiving

I'm not posting these photos to make you think I'm cool.  (Besides, would anybody ever think I was cool?  Probably not.)  I'm posting them because this here blog is a journal of sorts -- one of three, actually.  I'm also posting them because they'll give you ideas about the fun things you can do in New York around the holidays.  I'll even put them in list form:
  • Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
    I already went over this in my Happy Thanksgiving! post.
  • Ice skate at Rockefeller Center
    Apparently it's fun to skate in Central Park, too, but I've never tried it.  Both places are bound to be extremely busy, but it's still worth it.  Especially when you go against the grain and skate in the middle of the rink.  Forget that circle stuff over and over again; just try doing tricks in the middle.  People will think you're pretty good.
  • Serve in the Manhattan Temple
    You know, if you're Mormon.
  • Eat lots of good food
    Adam and Lexia treated me to Nobu, which is incredibly yummy Japanese dishes that also include typical South American ingredients.  Two days later, I'm still thinking about miso.  I am going to make it someday.
  • Play as many games of Settlers of Catan as possible
    This was a good week for me.  I won three out of four games!  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

Thing I'm thankful for: my new sneakers.  I love them, I love them, I love them.

1 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Where are all your pictures? Nice post though. I think when my knees are done, I will go to NYC for Thanksgiving too!
Love YOU Momma

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home