Thursday, February 10, 2011

MUSIC!

Wow -- Dell wasn't kidding about the powerful speakers on my new XPS 15 laptop. They are pretty cool. I just listened to MGMT's "Time to Pretend," and I had to turn it down a lot, since I now have neighbors below me.

Listening to that song reminded me of Brooke. And that got me thinking about the power of music on memory. Just yesterday, I wrote a letter of complaint to Austin radio stations. I should say, however, that yesterday happened to be the one day they treated me well. By now, Busy Nothing readers should have picked up on the fact that I have been having a hard time adjusting to my new life in Texas, so it's the "little" things that keep me going.

Yesterday, the little things came in the form of music that reminded me of people I love.

CDC Ashley: The Sweet Escape, Gwen Stefani
Brooks: More Than a Woman and How Deep is Your Love, The Bee Gees :)
Jamie: Just the Way You Are, Bruno Mars
Macy: Love Song, Sara Bareilles
North Point Ashley: Free Fallin,' Tom Petty
Rob: Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd
Cami: All of My Love, Led Zeppelin
Clay: Blackbird, The Beatles

Can you believe they played all of those songs? In the span of about an hour and a half! (Yes, all on one radio station. See? There's no rhyme or reason to these stations, and normally, there aren't this many good songs in a row . . .)

Anyway, yesterday was a good day.


Thing I'm thankful for: being home at 2:00 in the afternoon

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

i know you keep alluding to the fact that you're having a hard time adjusting but i have a hard time imagining anything you can't conquer so it's difficult for me to believe you.

regardless, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time and just say, keep finding the silver lining and soon enough it will be silver filling and silver coating too! love you lots and i love reading all of your posts too. you are like simple purity rolled into a blog post.

ps- that radio station is all over the place. talk about major identity issues.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey, thanks, Carrie! I love reading your blog, too!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home