Monday, January 31, 2011

Two Minutes of Meditation

Several of my good friends do other things while they're brushing their teeth. It seems super-productive, so I tried it once. I couldn't do it.

I prefer to focus on my teeth. Sometimes I'll just sit down and brush and zone out for a couple of minutes. Sometimes I think about important things, and sometimes I don't think about anything at all, except getting all my teeth. For some reason, I've really relished those two minutes lately.

How do you brush your teeth, readers?


Thing I'm thankful for: making friends

7 Comments:

Blogger Em T said...

I usually go back over to my computer. If I don't do something while brushing, I get bored, and that results in sub par brushing.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Amy B. said...

When I'm brushing my teeth I'm only brushing my teeth. I can't seem to multi-task when doing that. Sometimes I zone out but if I do I have to start over because I won't remember which teeth I have or haven't brushed yet. Of course that just means I get an extra clean mouth. :)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Jason Kesler said...

I brush my teeth during the first commercial break of the Daily Show.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

i walk around upstairs and/or look at the pictures of me and chris in the frame in our bathroom. i like to look at myself while brushing my teeth but i normally don't look very pretty that late at night. so the pictures offer a good alternative.

i can't multi-task anything. much less brushing my teeth.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Rob and Schaefer Bell said...

I brush for about 30 seconds, get distracted and go do a bunch of things all the while keeping my brush and toothpaste in my mouth... I tell myself that it is still productive. Probably not... I wonder what tooth I consistently miss in this process. Sick...

3:43 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

I impersonate Pee-Wee Herman every morning from his Big Adventure movie- just kidding. I just lamely stare at my teeth while I brush and make sure I get them all.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

We don't have to like the same things :)

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home