Friday, January 28, 2011

Cold, Hot, Hot, Windy, Hot, Cold

Today's post title reflects the daily weather patterns in Austin. I wear a light jacket in the morning when I leave for school, and by mid-morning, I don't need it anymore. By noon, I wish I had worn a t-shirt, and when the sun begins to set, I need to put my jacket on again.

People weren't kidding when they said Texas was hot. I mean, I always believed them, but I figured it couldn't be much worse than the heat of the Deep South, right? Wrong. The sun feels hotter here, somehow. It's probably because there aren't nearly as many trees to provide shade. But what happens when summertime is here? I think I'll melt . . .

Still. There's the wind. Even though those trees don't provide much shade, they also don't block the cool breezes that often break up the heat. And when the wind blows, I'm reminded of my childhood in Oklahoma. I remember the feeling of being young and playing all day.

It's amazing that an invisible thing can bring up so many memories . . .


Thing I'm thankful for: Google video chat

3 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

I am thankful for YOU! And I am glad you have good memories of your childhood.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

i totally feel for you on the cold hot hot windy hot cold thing. why does getting dressed for the day have to be so difficult?!?! it's like fifty decisions all wrapped into one. getting dressed has always been my very least favorite part of the day. it gives me major anxiety. no joke.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Me, too, Carrie. Me, too. I'd much rather lounge around in my own filth every day and not get ready . . . But I live a life in which I interact with other people, so . . .

I wish I had one of those magic soap machines, a la "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home