Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Open Letter to Austin Radio Stations

Dear Austin radio stations,

Most of what I heard before moving to Austin was that it's a great place for music. There are all kinds of popular local bands, and they come in all genres: bluegrass, country, rock, indie rock, singer/songwriter, etc. I heard that "when a band tours, they always stop in Austin." Music, music, music! And lakes and walking trails. And music. And UT. And music.

So imagine my surprise, radio stations, when you didn't deliver. If I was going to get lost in my car every day for the first couple of weeks of living here, at least I'd be able to listen to good music!

But I've only found four radio stations that are "just okay." It's more than a little disappointing.

I hope you improve over the next two years . . .


Sincerely,
Sara


Thing I'm thankful for: programmers

4 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

I agree Sara. Though I did find an old nice station 103.7 which plays all MY old smoothe songs. We did have awesome radio stations in ATLANTA GA!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Sara...it is so fun to watch Austin through new eyes! The radio stations won't get much better but they do have an excellent Christin rock station around 92 or 91 and you are forgetting the Catholic talk radio station which I hold personal responsible for half the crazy things John says.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hahahaha! Good to know, Melissa! :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

i've lived a number of places and have yet to find anywhere with radio stations evenly remotely close to atlanta. something about atlanta radio stations. although i do like living in cities with two decent country stations because atl only had one of those and it always made me sad when commercials came on. but other than that... everything radio related is much much better in atlanta.

ps- my word verification is "jamsax" ...sounds musical, no?

and oh yeah, the redbox hunt was for secretariat

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home