Saturday, March 18, 2006

Listenin' to Abbey Road

I'm a binge music listener. When I listen to a band, I listen to them for about 2 weeks straight -- day-in and day-out. Then it's on to the next band for 2 weeks.

Well, right now, I'm listening to the Beatles, specifically Abbey Road. It was such nice weather today that I rolled the windows down and turned the volume up! As I was listening to it, I decided that the best song transition in the history of rock is the change from "Polythene Pam" to "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window." I get so excited every time I listen to it. I start to think like Willy Wonka: The suspense is terrible . . . I hope it lasts.

And with that thought, I remembered that old show on VH1 called "The List." That was a good show. Each celebrity had to pick their top 3 albums in a certain category, like "Top 3 soundtracks," "Top 3 pop albums," or "Top 3 80's albums." Anyway, today I thought about what would be my top 3 rock albums. I know that "rock" is a huge category, but here are the three I picked:
  1. Abbey Road, The Beatles
  2. The Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
  3. The Blue Album, Weezer
What would be yours?

Thing I'm thankful for: Nappy naps.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the time of writing:

1. Led Zepplin II
2. Thriller, Michael Jackson
3. Talkie Walkie, Air

NOTE: These change.

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Reckoning, 1980 Acustic Grateful Dead
2. Legends, Bob Marley
3. The White Album, The Beatles

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ezra said...

1. Crossroads - Eric Clapton
2. Are you experienced - Jimi Hendrix Experience
3. The White Album - Beatles (sorry to copy you Clay)

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really I have a list of about 10-20 albums. What I consider to be a good album is one I can listen to all the way thtough without having to skip songs. So my fave albums include all genres.
1. Harvest Moon, Neil Young
2. On and On, Jack Johnson
3. The Wall, Pink Floyd
4. Picture Perfect Morning, Edie Brickell
5. Best of (I think thats the title), The Cure

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some of the best of all time and this list is the one that counts and posted by an expert with years of experience. It is, then, the accurate list.

1. The Beach Boys Today/Summer Days and Summer Nights (a twofer)
2. Little Deuce Coupe/All Summer Long (another twofer)by the Beach Boys
3. Their Greatest Hits by the Eagles
4. America's Greatest Hits by America
5. Classic Sinatra by Frank Sinatra
6. Harvest by Neil Young
7. Meet the Beatles
8. Greatest Hits by Rick Nielson
9. Greatest Hits by Glenn Miller
10. Eagles Greatest Hits Vol.2

Sweet, huh?

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home