Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm A Scorpio, So You Know I'm Very . . .

. . . sexual. That's how the song goes, anyway. And apparently Scorpios are insanely jealous and passionate.

Well, my friend sent me a link to a horoscope thingy yesterday. So I check out this site to find out who I'm romantically compatible with. It's funny because all but one combination was doomed to failure or something like that. The descriptions all said things, like "Unless these two opposite signs can balance each other, they will not last after a few epic battles!" Most used the word "exhausting" to describe the relationship.

So either all of my future relationships are doomed, or astrology is a complete load of crap. I'm going with the astrology-is-a-complete-load-of-crap reasoning.

Thing I'm thankful for: Astronomy? :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEIRD... I was totally looking at that stuff the other day... I don't think it's an entire load of crap - because I do think that people are influenced by their environment and how they've lived and all this stuff... but for it to determine what's going to happen to you on a specific day and tell you your future or blahblahblah I think is a bunch of hooey. And you can quote me on that. ;)

~Jennifer

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lessee... with the personal bubble thing you've got goin', I'd have to agree that the horoscope's a load of crap.

Of course, it could be that the horoscope is right, and your sensitive personal bubble protects us all from being destroyed by your... scorpiality.

As for me, I tend to be frustrated how accurate my general horoscope is (not the daily thing, but the general "your sign" stuff). I'm obsessed with evenhandedness and equality, being diplomatic, I'm obnoxiously idealistic... though Libras are also supposedly indecisive, judgmental, hypocritical and fickle, and that's just a load of new age crap... I think.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the B-Boys. I told you I'll probably get divorced one day and me and my astrologist know it. HA! HA! Who doesn't have to balance themselves with their partner? What relationship doesn't get exhausting at times? Who isn't passionate about something? And you know what, it's difficult for everyone to find the right combination. Silly Willy.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah, and my horoscope says I get along with almost anyone. Which is simply not the case.

But I really do want some of the things to be accurate, you know? :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yes, sometimes it seems like the general sign characteristics are accurate for me. But I have to ask myself, "How many other Scorpios do I know? Are they like this, too?" My point is, is that I don't know enough "signs" to determine whether these things really are accurate. And there's always the argument that what is written about one sign can apply to another as well.

I dunno. I just think too many people take this stuff waaaaay too far. It's surprising, actually -- how many people talk about signs. I don't even know what all the signs are. Couldn't even tell ya. And to be quite honest, I'm proud of that.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home