Thursday, March 02, 2006

Creative People and Their Cities

I wrote a post last month called "My New Favorite Web Site." It was basically dedicated to a refreshing Web site that features photographs from people all over the world. The creator of the site has friendly competitions, and February's competition theme was "My City." Some really great images came from that theme, I thought. I've pasted my favorite pictures below, but you should really look at the others on the site. (You'll have to click on the "next" link in the top right corner of the post to view each image.)

Not everyone wrote the name of their city, which frustrates me to no end. Consequently, I don't know where all of these pictures were taken. So if you know the places, leave a comment!

One more thing: I've included the winning photo in here. See if you can guess it!

San Francisco


San Francisco


Saint-Savin, France


Montreal


Machu Picchu, Peru


New York City


Absolutely no idea


Bern, Switzerland


Somewhere in Connecticut


Cuenca, Ecuador


Paris


Paris


Again, no idea


Can you spot the winner? Incidentally, it was also my favorite. It's the 2nd Paris picture -- the one with the gargoyle in the foreground. I don't know how these photos were judged, but if I find out, I'll let you know.


Thing I'm thankful for: Our beautiful, beautiful world.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow those are nice.. I LOVE the one of connecticut. Well, I love lots of them. hahaha. :)

~Jennifer

9:33 PM  
Blogger Blake said...

small world sara. i found this site on my own and have enjoyed it to. I actually like the first shot of paris.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Ezra said...

I like the Connecticut photo. Not only is there a God, He can paint!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Maybe the last one is Bern, Norway? Just a guess.

I like the Saint-Savin, France one. It looks like a painting.

And I'm with Blake; I like the first Paris shot A LOT. Pretty great to see a sunset without actually seeing a sunset, if you know what I mean.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are freakin tight!! Definitly made me want to get up and travel around, and see if I can take any pictures half that exciting!

I love your blog!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I would guess Norway for the last one, too. Except not Bern, that's in Switzerland ;o) Sorry, Lauren. Europeans are snobs about that sort of mistake... But Norway or somewhere in Scandinavia is a pretty safe bet, I think.
Sara, I love how you find sites like that for me. The pictures are breathtaking and I like Ezra's comment about it: It confirms God to me, and His impeccable taste ;o)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

No problem, Yvonne. I pretty much live for surfing the internet. I wish that was a job -- official internet surfer.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oops. Bergen, Norway. Sorry.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Woody said...

I would have to say that Machu Picchu, Peru is my favorite. There is just something about green, green grass and ancient ruins that really intrigues me.

Love the pics.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home