Wednesday, April 04, 2018

I Like People.

I don't know when it happened, but at some point in recent history, people became blatant in their dislike for other people. Or they've jumped on the "I'm an introvert" train and misrepresented it as meaning, "I don't like people." Here, I'll give you some examples of what I see on social media:






I never hit "Like" on these posts because here's what: They're not funny. They're rude, insulting, and arrogant. As someone slightly introverted, I understand what it feels like to be emotionally drained after a party. I get what it's like to need alone time. I don't, however, understand how anyone can sincerely dislike people, and I don't understand the desire to express such a feeling publicly.

People are spectacular. From the lowliest to the loftiest, people are fascinating beings worthy of attention and love. At the very least, they are worthy of respect.

I had planned on saying a lot more on the topic, but I think less is more here, so I'll just end by saying that I love people. People make life worth living, and there's nothing cool about pretending that they don't.


Thing I'm thankful for: Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home