Tuesday, September 02, 2014

A Post for Brandy

My good (and beautiful) friend Brandy came to California this weekend for a wedding up in Sacramento, and since Brandy is a kindred spirit and since I have exactly one and a half friends in the Bay Area, I decided to drive up to the state capitol on Saturday.

Before I tell you about the trip, let me tell you about Brandy. I liked Brandy when I first met her, but the second time I met her is when she really stood out to me. She was wearing these incredible red heels that I'll never forget. It's that sense of classic style that really sets Brandy apart from most women of my generation. It makes her look . . . Parisian. But don't let her fashion sense make you think she is stuffy! She is also unusually quick-witted, which makes her so, so funny! And she sings! How she sings! It's just too bad I don't have a recording of her voice to post on here . . . She has one of the best voices I've ever heard; I'm not kidding.

Now for the trip . . . Here's a summary: It was fun.

Here are some details:

Brandy and I spent time just walking around in "Old Sac," or Old Sacramento, the part that was bustling with activity around the mid 19th Century. It's the part with railroads and trains and storefronts with big porches and one-room schoolhouses. I love that kinda stuff, especially the one-room schoolhouses. Look, Brandy and I pretended we were living "Anne of Green Gables" in real life:



Don't forget about Diane and Roly-poly Fred!



Here we are bringing a little bit of Texas to the Golden State.



And here we are at Tower Bridge, a beautiful vertical-lift bridge that crosses the Sacramento River. (You really should click on the link to "vertical lift bridge." You won't regret it. Unless you have absolutely zero regard for science, in which case I have no idea how you've been following my blog lo these many years.)



It was sad to say goodbye to Brandy, but I consoled myself with a lot of fresh California fruit* and freshly-made California peach pie . . . If only she had been here to share it with me.

Still, I'm grateful I was able to see her, and I'd be grateful for any of my friends to visit! So you better come to California now, while you have a free place to stay!


*But seriously, that fruit. It's wonderful to read "Dixon" or "Salinas" or "Vacaville" and know exactly where those places are. It's also wonderful to drive through American farms. It makes me feel proud of my country.


Thing I'm thankful for: people who are nice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home