Monday, August 04, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

(Thanks, David Bowie.)
(I have no idea what Changes means, really, but I think of it every time I make a change.)

So. Since the last time I blogged, I moved back to Texas, but only temporarily. It was a painful move, and to add insult to injury (or maybe it should be injury to insult, in this case), the A.C. in my car broke while I was driving back. What a bummer. I might say something sarcastic, such as, "Thanks, universe," and nobody would fault me for it.

But here's what: I am happy. Driving back to Texas was like coming home; I love this state so much! Seeing the calming rhythms of those windmills in Abilene brought peace to my soul, and eating Tex-Mex again just felt comfortable. I had two very good friends waiting to welcome me to San Antonio, and the neighborhood pool called my name and invited me to work on my tan. Not long after I came back, I went to the beach, enjoyed a family reunion, and got some job offers.

I couldn't have asked for a better month. And here's what I've learned: Great joy can come from sorrow, especially when we remain faithful to God. In The Book of Mormon, Helaman tells his sons Nephi and Lehi:
And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. (The Book of Mormon, p. 378)
I did not expect to move back to Texas, and I did not expect to get a job so quickly. I also definitely did not expect to move for the third time in four months. But that's what's about to happen. I'm a little excited. And terrified, if I think about it too much.*

What's the point of this post? Just to say that prayers are answered, and God is good. Life is good.


*You're just going to have to wait until it happens for me to write about it. Am I a tease? Yes. But I've got to have pictures to document my journey, and I won't have pictures until I go. Stay tuned.


Thing I'm thankful for: seats that fold down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia said...

What a beautiful post (until the cryptic end...). I know all those changes in plans lead to great things when we rely upon the Lord. WELCOME BACK TO TEXAS!!! WE love you, Sara!!!

3:58 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

I know you have been blessed through this experience, and know you realize it, also.
We love you, and have always wanted the best for you. Congratulations! I won't let the cat out of the bag;)

4:21 AM  
Blogger dallin+michelle said...

Grrrrrrrr.......

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home