Monday, August 13, 2012

Apple Stems and Marriage

Do you remember that game?  The one where you twist an apple stem to find out who you're going to marry?  With each twist of the stem, you say a letter, and the letter you end on when the stem breaks is the first letter of the first name of your future husband.  Or was it the first letter of the last name?  Oh, I can't remember . . .  What I do remember is that there is a rule, but I always changed it to suit my affections at the time.

Funnily enough, I still play that game every time I eat an apple.  Usually, I never get past 'E' or 'F.'  But today I got to 'J!'  That was slightly exciting, until I realized that all the guys I know with a 'J' in their first or last names either weren't interested in me or I wasn't interested in them.  Tricky.


Thing I'm thankful for: long lunches

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty sure I never got to 'Z,' so I'm going to say it's the first letter of the last name. :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

:)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

you're hilarious. i love this.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home