Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Valentine's Day!

So . . . It's February 1st, which means Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I found myself in Target yesterday after school (and really, I do just "find" myself in Target sometimes; it's so easy to walk around and kill a couple of hours in there . . .), and I was bombarded with red and pink everything. I loved it! I love Valentine's Day!

It's one of "those" holidays, though. You know the ones I'm talking about: New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day. The two holidays where single people are supposed to have so much fun! Where they're supposed to look incredible and have a fantastic party to attend or hot date planned. And somehow, it's seen as lame if you don't have those things. (I, for one, have only ever had a valentine once, and the day wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It was actually fairly lame because every couple in Atlanta seemed to be waiting on a table that night. And my date didn't even buy me a box of chocolates!*)

And yet, despite the odd phenomenon that is "those" holidays, I still really love them. I especially love Valentine's Day with it's bright colors and hearts and chocolate. I love love! And I love celebrating it!

I'm curious to see what other people think about Valentine's Day . . . Do you love it or hate it, readers? Why or why not?


*I have actually never gotten a box of chocolates from a date. I bet guys think it's a generic (and therefore unwelcome) gift for V-Day, but I have always, always wanted my very own large heart-shaped box of chocolates. I mean, really -- is there anything more glorious than a box of chocolates? I should say not.


Thing I'm thankful for: chats with friends I don't see very often

6 Comments:

Blogger Cory McHardy said...

I've never really noticed Valentine's Day. My last real experience with it was the years in Elementary school in which I would have the shoebox that had no little cards in it at the end of the week. (Everyone else had plenty.) I don't like it or dislike it, though. I'm fairly neutral on the subject. I suspect that it would be a lot more enjoyable for me if I actually had someone to celebrate it with, as it were. :P

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Kristan Maccaroni said...

I think that a holiday to celebrate love is pretty great!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Saule Cogneur said...

As far as I know you can only buy heart shaped boxes of colored wax. The one thing worse than a cliche is a cliche that tastes terrible and STILL makes you fat.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Haha, Mike. :) I guess I should've clarified that I'd like the expensive chocolates. :)

8:53 PM  
Blogger kyns said...

When I was a kid my mom always made Valentine's super fun for me. She would stay up all night making me the coolest Valentine's mail box for school, which blew all of the other kids out of the water. and on Valentine's night she would "go to the store" and while she was gone "someone" would knock on the door and I would answer it and there would be a Valentine's basket with presents and candy sitting on the doorstep.
Also, I like it because it's really fun and easy to cut out paper hearts.

9:29 PM  
Blogger SoSoSteph said...

AMEN!!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home