Monday, January 09, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

Agh! There are so many posts I have swirling around in my head, but for now, I will only record one of them: my resolutions for the new year. I don't typically make them because I figure resolutions should be made every day, but for the first time, I truly see the value in New Year's resolutions. Maybe it's because I recently decided that this year was gonna be my year. It's gonna be the year I work the hardest to become the person I want to be. Sure, I'll have room for improvement for the rest of my life, but I don't want to look back on this year and think that I could've made better use of my time.

Anyway, here they are -- my resolutions for 2012:
  • Get more sleep. I'm shooting for 7 hours a night. It might not always happen, but I will try, try, try. I also am not giving myself a set bedtime. (I'm no fool; that never works.)
  • Exercise, exercise, exercise. I will walk/run, stretch and lift weights 5 times a week.
  • Eat healthy. I can eat about 2,000 calories a day, and I'm gonna make those calories count! No more skipping meals and eating so much junk, even if I am back in school.
  • Keep Sundays free. No more homework! Sunday will be my day of worship and rest.
Not bad, huh? Just four little things that I've already started doing. Feel free to ask me how I'm doing, and if I am going astray, make me feel bad for it. :)


Thing I'm thankful for: hugs

2 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey said...

How are you counting your calories?

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are some major changes. i wish you good luck and an ultimate source of motivation.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home