Friday, May 20, 2011

Duck Beach

Since I've been writing about dating and marriage, I thought it was a fun coincidence that I stumbled upon some information about Duck Beach yesterday. Duck Beach is a place on the North Carolina coast, where hundreds of LDS singles gather every Spring. I've never been, but I've had friends who have gone. They drive to Duck Beach, rent a big house, and hang out with singles from all along the East Coast. It sounds like fun, but it's also not my kinda thing.

Anyway, a few people in New York are making a documentary about it; they're following four LDS singles and interviewing them about their experiences during their week of Duck Beach fun. It should be fairly entertaining.

Check it out:
Duck Beach documentary


Thing I'm thankful for: sleep!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

this is FABULOUS! having never taken part in duck beach, there is a lot of mystery about it for me. can't wait to see how this plays out.

and who doesn't love a good documentary?!?!

12:59 PM  
Blogger For the Love of French said...

sounds like fun, I didn't even know about Duck Beach, go figure, I wasn't really in the loop.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Logan said...

Yes, I occasionally blogstalk you. Yes, I have been to Duck Beach when I was living in DC. Was dating my wife at the time, so we didn't get to partake in the meat market that occurred. But it was a VERY fun time!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Gretchen Alice said...

Wow, that is FASCINATING. (Also, the first guy? At the very beginning? He had the most amazing eyes.)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home