Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dear Jessica Simpson

Why do you breathe "Baby, It's Cold Outside" instead of sing it? You could have a really strong voice, but I think you're trying to be sexy and cute, which is a little irritating. It's no wonder you dated John Mayer; he's breathy, too.

Sincerely,
Sara


Thing I'm thankful for: Christmas music from the '40s, '50s, and '60s. Who doesn't love a good Bing Crosby song? There's something for everyone! And Julie London? Brenda Lee? Kay Starr? And who could forget the velvety-smooth voice of Nat King Cole? Fuhgeddaboudit.

6 Comments:

Blogger individually wrapped slices said...

I have Ella Fitzgerald's Swinging Christmas album. How fun! And I love Give Love on Christmas Day by the Jackson 5. Mariah Carey's Christmas album, no joke!, is amazing. Don't even get me started on John Mayer. I'm sure he's a great guitarist, lyricist - but his voice is just not my cup of egg nog.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I heard Jessica Simpson's song on 98.5 the other day and had to turn it off because it was so bad!!

10:46 AM  
Blogger A Frost said...

I feel the same exact way! It is christmas and not sex that you are selling!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Dracoverde said...

I found your comments quite humorous. Then was inspired to turn on my collection of good christmas music, thanks.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Here, here! Got my Bing/Nat station on Pandora goin' at work all day everyday. And Jessica Simpson-esque songs get the almighty thumbs-down. (As do all Charlie Brown Christmas songs. I know, they're great, but Lex killed 'em for me since that was what our alarm was set to for months -- in the summer.)

6:16 AM  
Blogger bh said...

john mayer must be stopped.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home