Thursday, November 19, 2009

When I Grow Up . . .

I want to be like the Munns of Australia.

I don't know what they did to be able to retire in such style, but not only are they financially set, they're helping hundreds of others build successful lives as well.

They bought a plot of land in Cambodia so that 21 families could build houses on it. They partner with Habitat for Humanity and a nonprofit microfinance organization to build homes and hope.

Read about them: From the seeds they planted, a village grows.

This is the kind of story I get to read on a regular basis at my job. It makes me want to be a better person -- the kind of person that can help people less fortunate than me. And I live a charmed life; I really do.


Thing I'm thankful for: the beauty that is Habitat for Humanity. It really is an outstanding organization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home