Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Am My Mother's Daughter

I was running very late for work (and an important meeting) this morning, so as I was rushing to get ready, I had a very important decision to make: Put makeup on at home or in the car? I opted for the car. I stuffed my makeup and necessary tools into my makeup bag and speed-walked to my Mazda, sans makeup.

I put everything on whilst travelling: under-eye concealer, blemish concealer, blush, eyeshadow, mascara. It wasn't until the mascara and the ramp to 85-N, that I realized I am my mother's daughter. I remember being young and watching my mom eat and apply makeup and talk to me all while driving. "She's crazy!" I thought, "and so good at everything! I'll never be able to do even one of those things while driving!"

Little did I know that about 20 years later, I would be doing just that. I usually don't eat while I'm driving, I don't normally have little kiddies to talk to, either -- but I can now say that I've put makeup on while driving to and fro. Dangerous, maybe, but interesting to know that I'm becoming more like the person who can do everything!


Thing I'm thankful for: girlfriends. :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't start reading the mail while you drive in addition to make-up! Your Mother is the poster child of multitasking! :-)

8:56 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Hey, Anonymous, whom I think is DAD! without a gmail name to log in with. I just bumped into that little motorcycle guy once! whilst reading my mail. Multi-tasking is the only way to go! You get more done in life that way. I have now decided in order to finish all the projects I have started in the garage, I will have to stay up for the rest of my life! hahahahahahhaha

10:47 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Funny SARA! I knew you could do it! Love MOM

10:49 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

That was a post only you could write, Sa. Who else has a mother as crazy as ours, yet as talented? None, I tell you. None. You're one in 7 billion, mom.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Whilst?" What would the elements of style say about the excrescent 't,' hmmm? Unless you're British, use of this word is usually considered archaic or pretentious or both. In thios one case, however, it shall be forgiven. For the sake of all concerned, we shall consider the matter closed.
: )

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the incorrect spelling of 'this' in the above post. Ironic and funny. Anyway, last year I struggled to get to work on time. To be more efficient in the a.m. I decided to put my makeup on while driving to D'ville. At first I was terrified because I remember the fear I had riding in the car with mom when I was little while she applied her face. I also remember the awe and wonderment I had for my mother because of her skills. So, I continued to apply and drive. I am proud to say that I can apply make-up while driving! (I am still a bit nervous though on roads I am not familiar with.)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hm . . . Awe and wonder -- those are the exact words I should've used for this post, Summo. You said just what I meant. :)

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home