Friday, May 05, 2006

Sara + Stress = Eating Tons of Food

As I was typing the thing I am thankful for in my last post, it occurred to me that I have listed some kind of food for the thing that I am thankful for a lot lately. I think almost every one in the last week has had something to do with food, especially junk.

I thought about this for a very little while and decided that my overeating habits are a result of stress in my life. Sometimes people eat food out of boredom. Sometimes people eat food for comfort. Sometimes people are like me and eat because they are nervous or anxious or stressed and need to be doing something -- anything. If it's a quick little snack I can chew on for a few minutes, that'll satisfy me. For about 10 minutes. Then it's up for another quick snack-like thing. I can't actually do anything besides eat because it has to be a mindless activity. It has to be something that doesn't require much concentration. Yeah, yeah. You'd think it'd be the opposite, right? Well. Maybe it should be, but I much prefer the easy (or hard, depending on how you look at it) way.

Plus, I just really like food.

Thing I'm thankful for: good music. (How general, huh? But it's a whole post in itself.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Geez, all this cryptic posts about you being stressed out. You're done with school, so it can't be finals and research papers...

8:23 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I was wondering about that the other day, Sara: Do you really like your job? You do seem tense about it! Or are you just worried about having to be a responsible adult?

Oh, somone told me that working out releases the same hormones as eating chocolate. I sometimes do ab exercises or run up and down my staircase a few times when I need some mindless break. Sounds nutty, but it does work for me! (I also eat sometimes, though...)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yoga, man. I swear by it.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Sa-
You just have to put things into perspective. Is what you are stressing over really worth stressing over when looking down the road in 10 years? If it is worth stressing over... grab some more chocolate!

P.S. When both options are good options... it is a win/win situation!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ezra said...

I'm always snacking on something, I'm not always hungry, but I always need to keep my mouth busy. Gum usually works, sunflower seeds also. I used to get these pita snack like things at Publix, but I haven't been able to find them lately.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home