Monday, March 20, 2006

Goblin King, Goblin King! Wherever You May Be!


I never understood why Sarah didn't choose Jareth the Goblin King in the 1986 movie "The Labyrinth." I mean, HELLO! Even as a 6-year-old, I knew that David Bowie was the better choice. I'll think through this logically: Superb eye makeup? Check. Incredible singing voice? Check. Big hair and tights? Check and check. AND he could roll that crystal ball around in one hand. Who can beat that?

Plus, he says things like this to woo her:
"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."

So I'll say it one more time. What was she thinking?!?

Note: IMDB says that David Bowie was one of three choices for the role. The other two were Michael Jackson and Sting. Yuck.

Thing I'm thankful for: text messages.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Uh-huh...
I know I don't text message you...

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the title in the RSS feed (Clay's mumbo-jumbo) and made him click on it so I could read it. One of the best musical movies! Awesome. David was the right choice for the role, too. "Come inside. 'ave a cup uh tee. Meet the missus."

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home