Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Blogging Trinity

I recently left a comment on a friend's LiveJournal space which I thought could morph into a clever little post. This friend was discussing the advantages and disadvantages of Blogger. He ultimately decided that Blogger is not for him. (I know -- what was he thinking?!?) So I left my comment:

Really, I don't care who uses what -- although I do think Blogger is better. It's got class. But I love Google. Love it. A lot of people I know use MySpace and LiveJournal, so sometimes I want to sign up, just so I can catch up on my friends. But I absolutely HATE having to remember password after password. Logging on to stuff stinks.

At least LiveJournal is better than MySpace, though. Anyone can leave comments on [LiveJournal and Blogger without having to create an account], which I think is great.

Blogger is better suited to writers and families. It's wholesome. MySpace is kind of like a dating site, and to be honest, there's a lot of trash on it. LiveJournal is somewhere in the middle, I think.

Anyway, for those and other reasons, I continued my comment with one final thought:

Basically, this is how the blogging trinity goes: Blogger, LiveJournal, and something else. MySpace would be the devil. :)

Thing I'm thankful for: Life cereal.

6 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

http://www.infobaseventures.com/blog/2006/03/16/which-multi-user-blogging-platform-to-use/

10:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Thanks for that link, Blake. Those services are probably all at the top. Mainly, I was just commenting on the popular blogs among young people. (When I say young people, I mean 35 and under, I think.)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Ezra said...

I agree with you Sara, Blogger is the best. Now if your into finding friends, then MySpace is great. But for people like me who graduated from high school before the internet was invented not many of my friends are on MySpace. Regarding the tons of passwords to remember. I keep all my passwords in a word document which is password protected itself. This way I only have to really remember one password. There is software out there to help you keep track of passwords, but I don't need more software. I just counted, I've got 51 usernames and passwords.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

What is up with your fonts, Sara. Your blog is looking a little busy today... Messed with the Template, hm? My blog is always a mess after I tried that. And then I get to fiddle with it until it's right or different and cool anyway. That's the fun part.
Anyway, I like Blogger. Livejournal makes me think I have to post superprivate thoughts.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Very good, all looks normal again ;o)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Well if blogger is heaven, and myspace is hell, I am right in the middle where I should be. But technically, I have two bloggers and one myspace, so I am still closer to heaven.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home