Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Wedding Shower

My friend Eve is getting married this weekend to a guy named Adam. (Yes, that's right -- another Adam and Eve. A match made in heaven. . . or the Garden of Eden!?!?) Anyway, last weekend, her roommates threw her a wedding shower. So here's a recap using April's digital pictures; thanks, April!

This was the refreshment table. The punch was EXCELLENT. Mormon punch is always really good. Now that I think about it, it may be because we can't cover up any bad taste with alcohol. I mean, what you see is what you get, so it better taste good. . . or something like that. (It's a very scientific study.)


This is April's attempt at those brunch party sausage things. April admitted to me that she had never made these before, so she didn't know that they weren't made with Vienna sausages. :) It's okay, April; they weren't that bad!

We divided into groups and had a contest to see which group could make the best toilet paper wedding dress. I was my group's model!


Here's the model for the other team:


Here I am during my transformation into toilet paper bride. April created the overall design.


Sara (not me, obviously) discusses her team's dress with Eve, the judge of the competition.


Here I am in the traditional bridal model pose. I think I'm going to make a career change soon. . .


This is my team. In this picture, we see how the inattention of one person can ruin the picture for all. D'oh! Allyson and April, however, look wonderful! And I must say, they did a pretty swell job designing and making a dress out of toilet paper!


This is team no. 2. I say "2" because although Eve couldn't decide on a winner, it was pretty obvious that my team had the better dress -- Eve just didn't want to hurt any feelings. :)


So here are the finished products:


We had a contest to see who could get their dress off the fastest. I lost. Probably because mine was so pretty that I wanted to leave it on. . .


Thing I'm thankful for today: my sister Lexi.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to you, Sara, to find a career being a bride.

I must say, though, that the dress does look nice. I never realized how versatile toilet paper could be.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Here is the infamous toilet paper bridal gown! We used April's extensive study of swimsuits as a guide in designing it. How that relates, I'm really not sure, but it came out great!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what your site needs--a giant, oversized portrait of Lexia. Oh, wait, you have one (and a large suitcase as well).
me

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home